Your browser does not support JavaScript!
:::
11月12日舉辦Dr. SHAH, Ravindra M.名譽博士頒贈儀式(Ceremony of Conferring Honorary Doctorate to Dr. Shah, Ravindra M.)
分隔線
活動名稱:舉辦Dr. SHAH, Ravindra M.名譽博士頒贈儀式
活動日期:2011年11月12日

image

Dr. SHAH與周董事長等主管合影

image

賴校長頒贈名譽博士學位證書

image 

Dr. Shah致詞

 

Dreaming A Perfect World    By Dr. Shah
夢想一個完美的世界  

 

Chairman Dr. Chou Ju-Chuan, Dean Dr. Chou Ming-Yung, Students, Faculty, Friends and Distinguished Guests:

周汝川董事長、周明勇院長、各位同學、同仁、朋友和貴客:

Thank you for your gracious and kind invitation.

感謝您高尚而親切的邀請。

At the outset, please allow me to express my deep sense of heart-felt appreciation for this distinguished honor.

首先,我想表達對此尊榮的由衷感激。

Bestowing such an honor upon me comes from the wisdom of your institution and your life Chairman Dr. Chou and Dean Chou. I am grateful for your wisdom.

周董事長和周院長,您和您的機構的智慧給予我這樣的榮譽,感謝您的智慧。

An old Indian text, The UPANISHAD, says the following about wisdom and truth:

古印度文獻《奧義書》對智慧和真理有以下的解釋:

“This is perfect.

「這是完美的。

That is perfect.

那是完美的。

Perfect comes from Perfect.

完美來自完美。

Take the perfect out of Perfect.

完美取自完美

The remainder is perfect.”

其餘的也是完美。」

Chairman Dr. Chou. You have accomplished your perfect vision and your perfect dream, in life through creating and nurturing the Chung Shan Medical University.

周董事長,您的一生貢獻於中山醫學大學的創建和發展,藉此您完成了完美的抱負和完美的夢想。

No institution or individual can aspire for greatness without standing for something.

所有機構和個人都必須有理想才能擁有偉大的抱負。

In the university systems around the world:
we stand for diversities of exposures and experiences in learning;
we stand for shared values, common vision, mutual respect and tolerance; and,
we stand for making human society easier and better for all humans, so people can pursue a qualitative life without fear or feeling of inadequacy.
在全世界的大學系統中,我們支持學習探索和學習經驗的多元化;我們支持共同的價值,共同的抱負,相互尊重和寬容;我們希望人類社會更易於生活,且更有益於所有人類,讓人們可以追求更好的生活,而無畏懼和不足的感受。

During the past, I have interacted with the students and faculty of CSMU, as well as other institutions in Taiwan, on the platform of ideas and innovations in education and research.
過去,在教育和研究的架構下,我和中山醫學大學的學生以及臺灣的其他機構彼此交流,彼此交換想法和創新概念。
In part, this interaction is the result of my core thinking that people grow together if they communicate about their common passion.
此互動有部分來自於我的核心想法:如果人們共同分享他們的熱情,那麼他們就能一起成長。
We recognize that our common passion is rooted in our dreams and possibilities resulting from such dreams.
我們體認到我們共同的熱情植根於我們的夢想,以及從這些夢想產生的可能性。
Dreams are unknown frontiers that tests limits of our imagination.
夢想是探測想像力極限的未知邊境
Dreams can be transformational.
夢想能改變一切
Dream creates idealism.
夢想創造理想。

Without idealism, one can’t be creative or progressive. A sense of idealism is also essential to develop curiosity.
沒有理想,我們就無法創造和進步。懷抱理想也是發展好奇心的要件。
Dreams create curiosity.
夢想創造好奇心。
Dreams may allow a person to go beyond mundane and mediocre, without the fear of unknown and uncertain.
夢想讓人超越普通和平凡,即使面對未知和不確定性也超然無懼。
  

Dream creates expectations.
夢想創造期望。

The process of dreaming is inherently experimental. There are no borders or boundaries in the process of dreaming.
編織夢想的過程本身即深具實驗性。編織夢想的過程沒有疆界或邊界。

In our modern world, no human should be denied the possibility to dream something new, something different or something yet non-existence.
在現代社會中,每個人都有夢想新事物、不同的事物,和尚未存在的事物的權利。

Nature tells us that, in the real world, all humans must have right to dream.
大自然告訴我們,在現實世界中,每個人都有作夢的權利。

 

 

Hence, dreams and aspirations must be nurtured.
因此,夢想和渴望必須受到滋養。 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

         

image

周院長為Dr. Shah正冠

image

周董事長為Dr. Shah披肩 

 image

 中英文稿同步撥放投影片

 

 

“Will sit and talk of time and change
「坐談時代變遷,
As the world ebbs and flows,
無論時代如何興衰起落,
Ourselves unchanged.”
我們仍是紋風不動。」
–Hercules
- 赫拉克里斯

Personally, in life, my dreams and attitude are not shaped or dictated by my own sense of self-importance.
在我個人生命中,我的夢想和態度並不是由我的自我意識所塑造的。

 

Rather, my dreams and ideas are shaped by “the need to see things clearly”; and “see them as they are”.
說得更確切些,我的夢和想法來自於「看清事物」;以及「看見事物本質」的需求。
I have always felt that life is about doing something, not having something, or being something.
我總是認為,活著就是要做一些事情,而不是擁有什麼,或成為什麼。
This approach has allowed me to progress toward the understanding of the Nature, and the wisdom that is stored in the Nature.
這個方式促使我更深入地了解大自然,以及蘊藏在大自然裡的智慧。
In the pursuit of the understanding of Nature, I do not live with any conflict inside me.
在理解大自然的過程中,我並無任何內在衝突。
This is because I recognize that humans cannot change Nature’s laws.
這是因為我體認到人類並不能改變自然法則。自然法則是永恆不變的。
Nature’s laws are unalterable.
But, I am a human being.
I feel hot and cold.
I have emotions and passion.
I feel hunger, pain and heartache.
I enjoy sport, movie and ice cream.
I explore, experiment and experience all that is within my reach to remain engaged with life.
For me, life is about nurturing and maturing at all times.
而我只是個人。我感受冷暖,我有七情六欲,我會感到飢餓、疼痛,也會頭疼。我喜歡運動、電影和冰淇淋,我探索、實驗、體驗所有能力可及的事物,並認真地生活。就我而言,生命就是不斷地滋養和成長。

I understand that making living is both important and useful.
我了解謀生的重要性和實用性。
But making living can also be transformational, and not mere adaptation or acceptance of others ways.
但謀生也可以改變一些事情,而非純粹地調整或接受其他方式。
It is this idea of human possibilities of engagement with life that brought the CSMU and me together.
人類投入生命的可能性將我和中山醫學大學緊緊相連。
Through the mutual nurturing processes in our mind and heart, we are growing and maturing to dream together.
透過心靈的彼此滋養,我們一起成長茁壯,一起編織夢想。
I still remain a catalyst to explore and expand the idea of human development through education and research.
透過教育和研究,我將繼續做探索延伸人類發展概念的催化劑。
I still remain a catalyst to connect our institutions and people in this science and technology inspired rapidly globalizing society.
在這個在全球化世界中不斷演進的學科和技術裡,我將繼續推動機構和人們的聯繫。
I still dream of having a perfect world that manages our planetary life through the acts of kindness to overcome poverty, disease, war and hunger.
我仍夢想着能透過良好的法令管理以戰勝貧窮、疾病、戰爭和饑餓,讓我們生活在完美的世界中。

As Lao Tzu, the Chinese philosopher noted:
“Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profoundness.
Kindness in giving creates love.”
如中國哲學家老子所云:「心善淵,與善仁,言善信。」

Confucius says:

“They must often change who would be constant in happiness and wisdom.”
孔子則云:「智者動,仁者靜。智者樂,仁者壽。」
So let us dream further to change this world in a perfect society.
因此,讓我們夢想在這完美的社會裡進一步改變世界。
Then, everything will remain perfect.

然後,一切將維持完美。
Perfect will continue to come from perfect; and will remain perfect.
完美將繼續來自於完美,一切將維持完美。

Once again, my heartfelt gratitude to you, to the Chung Shan Medical University, and to the Taiwanese society for this distinguished honor.
再次感謝您,感謝中山醫學大學以及台灣社會給予我的尊榮。

Thank you.

謝謝。


 

瀏覽數  
:::
最後更新日期
2019-09-09